slider

7/6/15

Project Life: Studio Calico Fairground


I think this 6x8 size is my new favorite when it comes to Project Life!  It's so easy to manage and keep up with AND I get to add lots of large photos, which I just love!  

I used my Studio Calico Fairground Project Life kits to create a few pages in my July Project Life album - some are a look back of last July (since they never got scrapped) and some are more recent photos!  The kits, like usual, did not disappoint!


The best thing about the 6x8 size is that there is little guesswork when it comes to making a spread "cohesive".  I think I often spent way too much time trying to balance out the left and right spreads of my 12x12 album.  With less pockets, this process is much easier - and MUCH faster!


The "JULY" die cut card from the Project Life kit is perfect for a photo overlay!  I used it with a photo of the ocean, and I love how it almost creates an ombre effect with the water!


I also decide to do a "look back" on our family reunion of July 2014.  We actually just got back from our big Fourth of July reunion bash (more photos coming soon), so I thought it would be fun to have two years of photos in my July album.


I created a collage for the backside of my enlarged photo and then used the journaling cards for simple journaling, thoughts and ideas.  I tucked some extra journaling about our reunion into the kraft pocket in the top right!  It's just waiting to be found!



The Project Life stamp set designed by One Little Bird added the perfect sentiments and sayings to my photos. I love using the white space and blank space of photos for words, typing, journaling, etc.



My goal is to try to work on my July Project Life album through the month (rather than in one sitting).  I'm not sure that's really gonna work, but I'm going to give it a go!!
More 6x8 spreads and pages coming from me soon!  Thanks so much for stopping by!
xo

2 comments:

  1. That donut-eating photo!

    Love these pages. I very briefly tried 6x8 a few years ago, but ended up having WAY too many pages for everything that it made it a completely unmanageable size for me. Love how you've made it work, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos and nice pages you have created! I like :)
    Have a great summer day!

    ReplyDelete