slider

2/16/15

Creative Jumpstarts 10


Hello!!  It's Creative Jumpstarts Monday over here today!!  You guys ROCKED the last challenge!!  It was so awesome to see all of your projects in the gallery and on Instagram!!  Color challenges are always fun, right???  We will definitely have to do that one again!!

M'kay!  On to this week's challenge!!  This week is all about those page protectors and the challenge is to use a TRANSPARENT ELEMENT in a Project Life spread (or some type of "pocket" page)!


I had so much fun with this challenge.  I wasn't really sure what kind of page I wanted to create since I'm working on a smaller scaled Project Life this year.  I thought about creating something 6x8ish since I really love that size, but as I mentioned in my January Project Life overview video, I had used up every.single.photo. from January (which is a good thing, I guess).  So, instead of a "weekly" type of page, I decided to create a Project Life spread about my love for my two sweet kiddos!  This spread was so fast and easy to put together!!  I love when that happens!!


I used several transparent elements on my page to give the spread a fun "see through" effect.  I think transparent elements make a spread so visually interesting!


For the middle of my spread, I adhered the "you are loved" gold foil stickers from Crate Paper onto a piece of trimmed transparency.  I slipped it right into the pocket and it gives the effect like the words are floating inside that pocket!  So fun!


I left the back side of the spread pretty simple and popped in a few photos, journaling cards and tags into the extra pockets.  I didn't really worry about adding in a bunch of words or details....this spread is pretty much just a "fun" spread!!  And I chose not to back the transparent elements with additional cards, etc. so you could see through to the next page.


And that's my take on this fun challenge!!  I can't wait to see how you incorporate transparent elements into your pages!!  Be sure to tag Marcy and myself on Instagram, and link up your projects in the comments below if you have time!!  As always, thanks so much for playing along!!!

Creative Jumpstarts were created by Marcy Penner and Stephanie Bryan to challenge each other with their paper endeavors. Delivered in the form of bimonthly challenges, they encourage us (and hopefully you too) to stretch supplies, think outside of the box and to remain intentional about the memories we capture.  Challenges are posted on the first and third Mondays of every month.  Projects are shared on our blogs and on Instagram using the hashtag #creativejumpstarts. We'd love it if you'd share along with us at either of those places and be sure to tag us (@helloforeverpaperco and @stephaniebryan) if you do!

1 comment:

  1. I love all the gold! Looks amazing! I am definitely going to try this transparency technique in my pockets. Can you please share with me where the gold "you are loved" came from? Thanks for the inspiration! Brandi

    ReplyDelete